Trek Leaders Wanted for Jewish outdoor adventure camp
Camp Description: Adamah Adventures is an outdoor adventure summer camp for teens in the Atlanta and Southeast region. Teens spend 3 weeks out on a trek ‐ camping, mountain biking, river rafting, hiking, and more. All of this is done within the context of a Jewish environment. 2012 trek locations include the Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina, and the Pacific Northwest. We are looking for staff who believe in our mission, have a passion for working with teens, and love being in the outdoors.
Position Summary: We look for staff that believe in our mission, have a passion for working with teens, and love being in the outdoors. In addition to ensuring the safety of the campers, our staff is there to guide, teach, and learn. Leading a group of teens on an adventure trek requires patience, creativity, flexibility, and enthusiasm. We hire dynamic teams of 3-5 trek leaders to run each of our treks. Some staff have more experience as wilderness leaders; others have more experience as Judaic program leaders. Not every staff member will have expertise in every area – that’s why we hire teams! Don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t have every skill listed. We make placements based on experience, age, skills, and our staffing needs.
- over the age of 21
- strong connection to Judaism (or, willingness to learn & be part of a Jewish community)
- experience and love for working with teens
- passion for being in the outdoors and participating in adventure activities
- ability to work with independently and think on your feet
- CPR & 1st Aid Certification prior to camp
- valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- willingness to be part of a team and learn as well as add to our dynamics
- creativity and flexibility
Dates: Our summer treks take place in June and July. We have options for working both the full and part of the summer. We also run two one-week adventure camps, which you can add on to your contract.
For full position descriptions & dates see: http://adamahadventures.org/staff/staff.html.
If you are interested in applying for a summer position, please click on the following link for all of the instructions and application:
For more information or questions, contact: Bobbee Seldin Griff at (404) 297-4914 or email@example.com